Redstone Wills Privacy Notice
Who we are
This Privacy Notice applies to the use and processing of personal information collected by Redstone Wills Ltd.
Redstone Will is registered as a data controller of your information. Our ICO registration number is Z2949180 and registered address is Windmill Road, St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex, TN38 9BY. Redstone Wills Ltd is part of the Connells Group.
The phrases “us”, “we” or “our” will mean Redstone Wills Ltd.
For information concerning the collection, use and processing of personal information by any of our business partners or suppliers, please contact our representative at Redstone Wills Ltd with whom you usually deal.
Information covered by this Privacy Notice
- Personal data. This is information, or any combination of separate pieces of information, that could be used to identify you
- Special categories of personal data. This is information which may be sensitive (for example about your health).
Where we get personal information from
When you enquire or register for products and services provided by Redstone Wills Ltd, we may collect personal information from a variety of sources, including:
- Information we collect directly from you, either through face to face contact, by telephone, email or electronic communications such as messaging or through the internet
- Information we collect when you visit or create an account on our websites
- Information provided to us by third parties
- Information from publically available sources, for example, Land Registry
Any telephone calls either to or from our customer service teams may be recorded for training, monitoring, compliance and security.
What information do we collect?
Information we collect directly from you
Depending on the type of service or product we are discussing, the following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Information about your family
- Information about your health
- Financial information, such as assets and liabilities
- Payment information, such as a credit card and bank account details
- Your communication and marketing preferences
We may, during the course of your relationship with us, request additional information from you which is relevant to the provision of specific services.
Information we collect when you visit our web sites
- Information about your device browser and operating system
- Your IP address
- The web pages and any embedded links you view
Information we obtain from third parties
Where we are required by law, or for business needs, we will obtain information about you from third parties but only after we have your agreement to do so. For example (but not limited to) the third parties we may need to contact are credit reference agencies, banks, employers, accountants and solicitors in order to obtain references, undertake identity verification and basic criminal record checks, and validate your income level and financial history.
Who we share your information with
We share your information both within the Connells Group of companies and relevant third party business partners.
Where we engage third party service providers to perform a variety of business services and operations we provide them with only the personal information they need to perform the service we request. We contractually require them to securely protect information, and not to use it for any other purpose.
How we use your information
We will process the information you provide or we obtain from other sources to provide you with products and services and answer any questions you may have.
The following are examples of how we use the information we collect:
- To process your registration and confirm your identity
- To provide property management services
- To arrange survey and valuations
- To provide conveyancing services
- To provide will writing and associated legal services
- To provide Lasting Power of Attorney
- To provide Estate Administration and probate services
- To process payment for our services
- To protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorised transactions, money laundering, tax evasion, claims, other liabilities and manage risk exposure and partners quality, integrity, compliance and security of business processes
- To provide, administer and communicate with you about Redstone Wills Ltd products, services, offers, programs and promotions, their issuers, acquirers, retailers and partners
- To compile business directories, including business contact information
- To operate, monitor, evaluate and improve our products, services and websites
- To evaluate your interest in and suitability for employment
From time to time we may provide your information to our customer service agencies for research, survey and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide. We or our agents and sub- contractors may occasionally contact you including by post, email or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our services.
Information about our products and services
Where you have provided your consent or we have a legitimate interest, we may also use your personal data to contact you by post, e mail, telephone or other electronic means to provide you with information about products and services from Redstone Wills Ltd and carefully selected third parties which we feel may be of interest or relevant to your needs.
Lawful basis of processing
Redstone Wills Ltd processes your information under the following lawful conditions:
- Performance of a contract - this is where the collection and processing of your data is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract
- Legal obligation - this is where the collection and processing of your data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, for example verification of identity and fraud prevention
- Consent - where we process information under consent we will seek your clear and unambiguous consent before processing your data, for example to receive marketing information from Redstone Wills Ltd
- Legitimate interests - some information is processed by Redstone Wills Ltd as part of its legitimate interests which include network and information security, suppressions and opting out of communications, direct marketing, web analytics, updating customer details, lettings, sales, and other core services provided
We may transfer or otherwise process your personal information:
- As part of the sale of Redstone Wills Ltd to another company
- To enforce our terms and conditions
- When required by law and/or government authorities
How long we keep your information for
We will keep your information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, and to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations.
For further information about how long we will keep your information, please contact the Data Protection Officer.
When we communicate with you
We will send you service related communications.
We will contact you in order to provide you with information about our products and services which we believe may be of interest to you, and which relate to your needs.
Where you have given us your permission, we will contact you to provide information about products or services which are not similar to those that we currently provide, but which we believe may be of interest to you.
How we communicate with you
We give you choices about how we communicate with you.
By e mail
We only send you promotional emails if you explicitly select to receive these (you opt in). You can stop receiving promotional email messages from Redstone Wills Ltd by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions provided in any e mail you receive.
We only send you promotional postal mail if you explicitly select to receive these (you opt in). You can stop receiving promotional postal mail from Redstone Wills Ltd by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions included in those communications.
We will only contact you by phone for promotional reasons if you explicitly select to receive these (you opt in). You can opt out of receiving promotional telephone calls by informing our telephone agents.
Your statutory rights
You have a number of rights concerning the personal information we use. These include the right to:
- ask us for a copy of your personal information we hold about you
- ask us to correct your personal information
- ask us to delete your personal information
You can delete your online account at any time. This will delete any personal information in your account that we have about you, and it will mean any data about how you’ve used the online account will be made anonymous.
However, deleting your online account will not delete any data you’ve shared with us for reasons that are not connected with your online account. If you wish us to delete your data which is unconnected with your online account, please contact us as described below
- withdraw your consent to use your personal information
Where you have provided consent for our processing of your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, your previous consent will remain valid in respect of our use of your data in relation to good or service we are still contracted to provide
We will act to respond to your request to stop receiving promotional email, phone or postal messages from Redstone Wills Ltd as quickly as is practicable (around 10 working days). We will keep information for record keeping purposes to ensure we fulfil your request not to send particular types of messages.
- ask us to restrict the use of your personal data, including direct marketing
- object to our use of your personal data
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, if you object to the way we use your personal information. For more information please go to www.ico.org.uk .
We will acknowledge your request and let you know what we will need from you to carry out your request.
A cookie is a small file placed on your device when you visit a website that can be understood by the site that issued the cookie. We use the information collected by cookies to remember who you are to log you in and to store your preferences when using a particular site. It may contain a unique identifier to ensure that you are not shown the same information and/or are only shown information you have stated that you are interested in.
Google Analytics provide a service that generates detailed statistics about our website visitors and how they use the websites. We do this in order to help improve our website service to customers.
Their cookies typically store anonymous aggregated information such as whether a visitor has been to the site before, the time of the current visit and what was the referrer site the visitor came from.
We may use other technologies to collect certain pieces of information about your visit to our websites.
Our security software may use your IP Address and browser version to help protect our systems and provide diagnostic information in the case of an issue.
We also use Google Analytics to provide us with information to help improve our website service to customers. This may capture details of your browser version and the country you are connecting from.
How we protect your information
We store your personal information on our computer systems and in our paper records.
We have implemented strict security procedures to ensure that personal information is not damaged, destroyed or misused, and to prevent unauthorised access to your information.
The information that we collect is stored in a secure facility with restricted physical access.
We also use a number of security measures to prevent electronic access.
Where - in line with this Privacy Notice - information is shared with third parties, similar security measures are used to protect your information.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to recipients in other countries we will:
- perform those transfers in accordance with the requirements of applicable law and
- protect the transferred personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice
We do not offer any products or services to children. In certain circumstances (for example a Will instruction) we may need to collect the name and date of birth of children from you to assist in the advice provided.
Links to other websites
Our websites, other electronic portals and documentation may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These may operate independently from us and have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review.
Where linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content or data privacy practices.
Our Promise to you
When you provide us with this information, you agree to the collection, use and sharing of your information in accordance with this data privacy notice.
- We’ll work with other businesses to put together offers we think you might like
- You are in control of your data
- You can change your privacy settings at any time
- If you don’t think the data is correct tell us and well put it right
- We promise to keep your data secure
- We also promise to collect, process store and share your data safely and securely and to make sure the businesses we work with do the same
- We’ll never share your data for marketing without your consent
Updates to our Privacy Notice
We will occasionally update our Privacy Notice, so we suggest that you review this Notice from time to time. If we make substantial changes to our Privacy Notice, we will endeavour to inform you directly about these changes.